Monday, March 10, 2014

Checklist in Choosing Medical Schools in the Philippines



Hello! aspiring doctors~ I would like to share to you guys what are my checklist in choosing medical schools. I know that you're having difficult time in choosing what school is suited for each one of you, so don't worry I'll share my thoughts for you! so lets get started.


My considerations in choosing medical schools:
 
1. Performance-  If it's one of the top performing school in the physician's board exam?, Is there a top-notcher?, how many first takers passed? , how many repeaters passed? and how many overall percentage passer? This is the number one factor that I always checked in finding medical schools. I make sure that I'm always updated in releasing the result  of the PRC website regarding the Physician licensure Exam. In this way I'll have an idea what school produce outstanding students. 
 
2. Requirements- What is the NMAT cut-off required? What is the general weight average required? How many applicant slots left? If there's a prerequisite units to complete. For me It's a plus if there's no prerequisite units in a certain med school because I really don't like to waste time and money in taking these prerequisites units in my perspective.  
 
3. Tuition- How much the tuition fee per semester? how much the increase per year or semester? If there's a scholarship offering in that school. We all know that medicine is really expensive so I also look for schools that are not that expensive. I don't want to burden my parents for my expensive education.
 
4. Place - If it's far from my home?, how many minutes or hours it takes to travel? and the environment outside the school? If it's surroundings is safe and is there dormitories, room for rent or condominiums near by? It's a plus for me if the ambiance of the school is good. 
 
5. Facilities- If there's air-conditioned classrooms , conference/lecture halls with audio-visual devices, a library that is comfortable to study. Is there internet facilities aside from the WiFi access available in the Library? We all know that aside from  the books you can also rely latest information or knowledge in the internet.
 
 
 
 
So these are my 5 factors to consider in choosing medical schools. I hope that somehow I enlighten you guys. Thank you for dropping by aspiring doctors!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment